We value your privacy at ASCEND.
Due to the nature of the IoT industry, data and information is a vital part of the ASCEND services. Such data and information may include geographical location data, IoT device captured audio and video, IoT device captured asset activity data (e.g., ignition status, driver safety events, other data from the asset communication bus, etc.), etc.
ASCEND treats and uses all personal information collected with due care and is subject to this policy and applicable laws. ASCEND will not use or disclose your personal information in ways to which you have not consented. Additionally, you may opt out of specific uses and disclosures of your personal information, as explained in this policy.
- By using ASCEND's website, IoT devices, apps, and services, you consent to collecting, using, and disclosing your information, including personal information, per this policy.
Information Automatically Collected
- Non-Identifiable Information: ASCEND's website automatically collects certain non-identifiable information regarding website users, such as site use analytics. This non-identifiable information is used for website, apps, services, and system administration purposes and improves the website, apps, and services. ASCEND also may use non-identifiable information to initiate interactive, real-time discussions with website, app, or service users. Your non-identifiable information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
- Tracking Information: ASCEND may use non-personal information to create aggregate tracking information reports regarding subscriber demographics, traffic patterns, geolocations, and navigation. None of the tracking information in these reports can be connected to individual users' identities or other personal information.
- Automatic Device Data: We may use device data to design and test in-development features for our apps. ASCEND will not access private personal information unless directly asked by an account administrator or owner. ASCEND will verify that data requests are authorized by verifying a user's access code.
Personal Information You Specifically Provide
- Your Personal Information: During your website and/or app use, you may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personal information, such as your first and last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, or credit card information. This information is used to make communicating with you easier or access your account. It is always your choice to provide personal information; unfortunately, certain website features will not be accessible without providing the requested information, and you will not be able to make any transactions through the site. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire the ASCEND services, you may correct, update, or delete it by making the change to your account information by visiting the User Profile section of our browser app or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. Not all accounts have the right to edit all fields. If there are changes that need to be made that you do not have permission to update, email us at customer.support@ com or 844-483-6332, and we will start helping you satisfy your needs.
- Use of Your Personal Information: ASCEND may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, respond to your inquiries or the inquiries of your employer, process transactions and payments, provide and maintain our services, manage your account, and facilitate and enhance your use of the website, apps, and services. We may develop a confidential customer profile for you, which will be used to provide the very best service to you. We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining our services' effectiveness, and evaluating and improving our services, website, apps, marketing, and your experience.
- Emails from ASCEND: From time to time, ASCEND may send an email or other communications containing information about us or other matters that we believe will interest you. You may ask us to stop sending you automated emails by unsubscribing. ASCEND respects your privacy and does not sell, rent, or abuse the customer email list. Also, each email sent by us will tell you how to unsubscribe from further emails.
- Employer Collection: If you use the ASCEND platform because the company you work for has enforced it as policy, your employer will have access to all collected information, including personal information, for your account and all data gathered by IoT or telematics devices associated with you. Your employer manages who has permission to view this information in our apps and services at the account level. Information requests from other sources will be verified by cross-referencing a requestor's access code in the app to ensure they have admin rights for your account.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure: We may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be helpful in the investigation of unlawful activity or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to our legal counsel.
- Other Legal Requirements: We may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: comply with a legal obligation; protect and defend our rights or property; prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our services; protect the personal safety of users of our services or the public; and protect against legal liability.
- Your Consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent, including, without limitation, concerning any add-on features or functionality offered by ASCEND or third parties via the website, app and/or services.
- Accessing Your Personal Information: You may request access to your personal information and information about our collection, use, and disclosure of that personal information, by contacting customer.support@ com. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, entitlement to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information, and the ability to have it amended as is appropriate. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your data by notifying us of any changes to your personal information.
- The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. When you enter any information into the website or app, ASCEND encrypts the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). While we take commercially reasonable efforts to use leading-edge security measures to protect the confidentiality of the personal information submitted to us during transmission. Once we receive it, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. ASCEND cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us; you do so at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on our website or app, don't hesitate to contact us.
- Children's Privacy: Our services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and know that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent's consent before collecting and using that information.